The MantaroBot TeleMe™ TelePresence Robot is a mobile platform where you can plug in your own Apple® iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ Tablet. The TeleMe is plugged into Skype™ or any other audio / video conferencing application such as FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, etc. It allows a user to remotely interact with co-workers and associates and their environment. The telepresence system provides a level of interactivity which is not present with traditional “call-in” video conference. The user can move around the room and observe participants through the tablet’s camera, allowing more effective communication. The user will be able to view live activities, meetings or hold one-on-one meetings. Provided they have a Windows PC, Mac, or a device with a modern web browser, and an Internet connection, any user can access the TeleMe TelePresence Robot.
Use any available audio video conferencing application for your tablet such as Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, etc. Works in a closed and secure Enterprise network as well!
Now supports WebRTC control path (Free).
The TeleMe requires no supervision excluding initial power-on. Onsite participants are able to communicate with the offsite user through the Tablet’s built in microphone, speaker, display, and camera. Bluetooth headphones (not included) can be used in noisy environments. The robot is based around an embedded computer that controls the movements. The TeleMe is Wi-Fi enabled and communicates with a wireless router. Skype (or your choice of video conferencing application) runs on the tablet providing high quality audio and video. A control interface runs on the user’s computer allowing full control of the TeleMe and completes the audio/video call-in platform. The TeleMe also features the ability to tilt the tablet up/down via the control interface providing a wide visual range and acuity. It can also pan the tablet head left or right with the mast with optional pan capability accessory.
- Hold a audio/video teleconference in any location, not just in a conference room
- Interact with business associates and move around in their environment
- Allows virtual attendance to events such as meetings or gatherings
- Tour engineering labs or factory floors
- Hold impromptu meetings to discuss current issues on factory floors or in engineering labs
- Attend office meetings or school classes while working from home
- Visit family members at assisted-living facilities
- Visit remote offices for team or one-on-one meetings
MantaroBot™ Control User Interface
The MantaroBot TeleMe is controlled by the remote user via a control application that communicates with the TeleMe whenever a Direct socket, MantaroBot Communications Service, or WebRTC connection to the is established. The control interface is designed as a small control panel that provides separate control interfaces for the movement of the TeleMe and pan/tilt of the tablet’s integrated camera.
A web-based browser controller, MantaroBot TeleGo, is also available to use with either WebRTC, direct socket connection or MantaroBot Communications Service (cloud service). The browser controller can be used on any modern web-browser. A WebRTC compatible web-browser is required for WebRTC use.
MantaroBot TeleMe Features
- No specialized controller hardware is required. Simply install the control application or use the web-browser based MantaroBot TeleGo for easy and intuitive control for driving TeleMe™ and use it in one of three modes:
- WebRTC: use any available video conferencing application for your tablet and WebRTC for controlling the TeleMe (no charge)
- MantaroBot Communications Service (MCS): use any available video conferencing application for your tablet and MCS for controlling the TeleMe (monthly plan required)
- Direct socket connection: use any available video conferencing application for your tablet. Will work in closed network architectures typical for many enterprise companies(no charge)
- Connect through a direct socket connection (useful for closed and secure enterprise network architectures).
- Holders with motorized tilt available for the following: iPad®, Samsung Galaxy TAB™, iPhone®. (Actual tablet or smartphone not included.)
- Motorized head pan available using mast with optional pan capability.
- Red Laser pointer accessory mounted in the holder
- Obstacle detecting infrared sensors that automatically reduce speed when obstacle is detected
- Tip detection using three axis accelerometer with automatic stop to prevent tip-over
- Password protection access control
- Automatic communication link monitoring stops TeleMe if communication link fails
- Optional charging Docking Station available
- Optional multiple WiFi radios available for improved connectivity
- Optional Kensington Lock adapter to lock your TeleMe
- Optional shirt hanger to dress up your TeleMe